Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: duplex cabinets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wallycleaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our living room is chock full of furniture and no room for huge cabinets for 604-E2 duplexes I have had for years. I want to build cabinets that can sit on top of a couple rosewood curio cabinets. Using a Klipsch sub for low lows, I'm hoping I can build smaller cabinets to satisfy my wife. Is this feasible? What dimensions are the least I can go and still have decent music?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I suggest the 861 : about 3 cubic ft. It sounds great with a 605A . I built one for a center channel and omitted the rectangular port ( 2? X 3 ?) and put 3?dia X 7? tubes in the two other ports .See below for plans :

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...1968-plans.htm

    Altec 1968 Enclosure Design Guide

    Model 861
    Don

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.